Here are some pointers for overcoming Latios and Latias encounters.
The new Pokemon Go event, Air Adventures, has begun. The game’s first Mega legendary Pokemon, Latias and Latios, have been introduced. Until May 10th, Mega Latios and Mega Latias will appear, making this your first chance to capture these powerful forms in Pokémon Go. Here are some pointers on how to defeat and catch Latios and Latias before they depart the raid rotation.
Latios and Latias raid schedule
From May 3 until May 10, the Ultra Beasts will be available in Mega Raids. On May 4, during Pokemon Go’s Raid Hour event, you’ll have more chances to fight and catch the legendary Pokémon. From 6:00 p.m. local time that evening, many gyms will be holding Mega Latios and Mega Latias raids, giving you more chances to battle and capture them.
Latios and Latias weaknesses
Because they’re both psychic/dragon types, Latios and Latias have the same vulnerabilities, whether they’re Mega Evolved or not. Regardless of form, legendary Pokemon are weak to ice, dark, ghost, bug, fairy, and other dragon types.
Best Latios and Latias counters
Here are some suggested Pokemon and moves to utilize against Latios or Latias:
- Jynx: Frost Breath, Avalanche
- Glaceon: Frost Breath, Avalanche
- Mega Abomasnow: Powder Snow, Weather Ball
- Mamoswine: Powder Snow, Avalanche
- Galarian Darmanitan: Ice Fang, Avalanche
- Houndoom: Snarl, Crunch
- Weavile: Snarl, Avalanche
- Bisharp: Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Tyranitar: Bite, Crunch
- Absol: Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Darkrai: Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Zoroark: Snarl, Foul Play
- Gengar: Lick, Shadow Ball
- Origin Forme Giratina: Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball
- Chandelure: Hex, Shadow Ball
- Banette: Hex, Shadow Ball
- Mega Beedrill: Bug Bite, X-Scissor
- Escavalier: Bug Bite, Megahorn
- Genesect: Fury Cutter, X-Scissor
- Pinsir: Bug Bite, X-Scissor
- Scizor: Fury Cutter, X-Scissor
- Gardevoir: Charm, Dazzling Gleam
- Sylveon: Charm, Moonblast
- Clefable: Charm, Dazzling Gleam
- Alolan Ninetales: Charm, Dazzling Gleam
- Granbull: Charm, Play Rough
- Rayquaza: Dragon Tail, Outrage
- Garchomp: Dragon Tail, Outrage
- Dragonite: Dragon Tail, Draco Meteor
- Salamence: Dragon Tail, Outrage
- Reshiram: Dragon Breath, Draco Meteor
Remember that the Mega Latios and Mega Latias are significantly more powerful than their standard forms, so to take down the Megaladon you’ll need at least six or seven high-level pals.
How to Mega Evolve Latios and Latias
After you’ve caught one of them, it will return to its original form before you can snare it. To Mega Evolve them, you’ll need 300 Mega Energy first.
Every time you defeat a Mega Legendary Pokemon in a raid, you’ll earn some Mega Energy. Keep fighting them until you’ve collected enough energy to Mega Evolve your Latios or Latias.
Best moves for Latios and Latias
A Charged Attack will be included with each Latios or Latias you capture during the Air Adventures event. The former will know Luster Purge, whereas the latter will know Mist Ball–both of which are formidable attacks for the legendary Pokemon to possess. Dragon Breath is an excellent Fast Attack for rounding out their capabilities.
The month of May looks to be a busy one for Pokemon Go. After Latios and Latias have departed raids, Tapu Fini, the island guardian, will appear. In our monthly events roundup, we’ll go over all that happened in the game in May.